Last Tuesday, Craig Ritter gave his annual State of the Senior Market address to 370 agents from across the country. We’ll have a recording for you here soon!
If you’d like a quick summary, here are some of the highlights:
Ritter Year in Review
Our annual Medicare Supplement sales increased by 5%, Medicare Advantage sales increased by 17%, and Medicare Part D sales increased by 54%.
Annual Enrollment Period
MA enrollments during AEP were up 16% and Medicare Part D was down 26%, but in line with enrollments from 2015.
Here’s What’s Happening in the Office
We’ve had some office and staffing increases that we’re excited to share! More employees mean more support for agents, as well as improved services:
- Our staff increased by 17 employees, giving us a new total of 141 employees, with key additions on our communications team, in software development, in marketing, and in operations!
- We continued in our local and regional philosophy by adding an office in Uniondale, NY, and by signing the lease on another office building in Harrisburg!
- Our current locations include Harrisburg, PA, Scottsdale, AZ, Atlanta, GA, Omaha, NE, Uniondale, NY, and Nampa, ID.
- We acquired Hurst Kopp’s agency, United Insurance Marketing, which focuses primarily in western states, and SafePath Benefits, Inc, which focuses primarily in downstate New York. Our Uniondale office helps us achieve our goal of providing broker support to the New York metro market.
We can’t ignore our developments in technology either. Creating great tech for agents is one of the highlights of Ritter, and last year saw a lot of improvements:
- On RitterIM.com, we updated our Medicare Quote Engine (MQE) to include long-term care!
- On Medicareful.com we improved look and filtering capabilities, added the ability to collect eSOA’s, added two new carriers, linked enrollments to myBiz on RitterIM.com, added Med Supp quoting for four major insurers, enabled users to add their company logo to their page, added the ability to email a specific link to a plan for discussion or enrollment, and added the ability to create link for unlimited referral sources and landing pages.